There are many rules your sales organization should know and be putting into practice in growing sales. Here are ten rules that are an excellent start in systematizing your sales process:
1. Before you start a sales call always have an upfront agreement.
2. When leaving a sales call always know "What happens next?
3. You will get the outcome you think you will on a sales call.
4. Make prospects qualify for your time.
5. Find a problem (pain) you can solve before presenting a solution.
6. Closing a sale is a point in time–not a step in a process.
7. Listen for the beliefs behind the prospect's words and respond to those beliefs.
8. When talking with prospects, if you feel it, say it…softly.
9. Never talk about money before you have found the prospect's pain.
10. Stop hearing objections and start hearing statements from your prospect.